What is an Intensive course?
Sometimes you have so much going on in your life that you have a limited amount of time to spend on driving lessons and a test.
These popular courses are very flexible and are designed around your busy schedule. lots of people are keen to get their driving licence quickly so an intensive course is great if you are that type of person.
Intensive or semi intensive courses are designed to deliver a set of driving lessons over a very short period, it can enable you to pick up the essential skills and become proficient quicker, providing the syllabus and lots of experiential learning. It can be adapted to suit individual needs. The lessons can be arranged to be taken over one more weeks depending on your shedule.
Because the learning period is short, information will be retained and confidence will increase as you progress. Your instructor will be able to monitor your progress daily, provide feedback and concentrate on weak areas in preperation for your driving test. Your instructor will be remain the same during the course for continuity. The average Uk test candidate requires 45 hours to complete the entire driving syllabus and achieve the driving test standard.
Intensive learning does not suit everyone, it is learning under pressure, so make sure you have an assessment lesson to help you make a decision. Approximately 30 or 40 hours is required for each course, just because you have taken and completed the course it doesnt't mean a pass is automatic. as with any test it is then down to you to prove you are able to drive safely by passing the driving test. Always remember that once you qualify as a driver you will still lack experience, which is why the Pass Plus course is recommended to all newly qualified drivers.
Another obstacle is after an hour or 2, you may just switch off so the remainder of the day wont benefit. Its good to have a time gap between lessons to think, observe others and have a break. The best way to conduct a intensive is to have a lesson or two daily. However for some people it can be effective so depends on you.
A theory test will need to be passed prior to commencement. The course does not cover the driving test fees and two hours will be needed for the test duration and warm up prior to the test, these can be added to the course if needed.
More lessons can be added if you feel that more practice is needed. I just need you to be honest and speak up if you are not confident with some parts of the syllabus.
The Full intensive Course (40 hours) (£960)
This course is aimed at the learner with no previous experience, and is designed to offer the complete syllabus for learning to drive and reaching suitable driving test standard (subject to progress of learner). Hours can be arranged over 2 to 4 weeks, however we would recommend allowing a minimum of 4 weeks to comfortably prepare for your driving test. Comfort breaks will be included where multiple hours are booked (over 3 hrs.) to aid concentration.. Usually a test is booked before starting this course, The Theory test needs to have been passed. If you find that you do not need the full amount of lessons I will refund any unused lessons.
Intermediate Course 1 (30 hours) (£720)
You have driven in the past and are not a complete novice. some candidates have learnt to drive years ago but didn't follow through to the test for whatever reason.. Usually a test is booked before starting this course. If you find that you do not need the full amount of lessons I will refund any unused lessons.
Intermediate Course 2 (20 hours) (£480)
Hours are arranged at 4 hours per day over 5 days, (subject to test availability) This can be flexible and adjusted to suit your lifestyle, totalling 20 hours of tuition 15 minutes being used each day to allow for a break during each 4 hour session to regain concentration. Daily starting times can be arranged to suit. This course is suitable for a learner driver of an intermediate standard.. Usually a test is booked before starting this course
Driving Test preparation course (15 hours) (£360)
This is aimed at candidates who are nearing test standard and who just need a short burst of lessons prior to the test. It is ideal for those who have had an unsuccessful attempt at the test, some time ago but haven’t had any lessons since. Usually a test is booked before starting this course
Driving Test Course (10 hours) (£240)
For those who are at test standard and who just need a short burst of lessons prior to the test. It is also ideal for those who have already had an attempt at the test recently.. Usually a test is booked before starting this course
There is currently a 4-6 week waiting time for practical tests but there may be earlier tests available. I can check the DSA system to verify this
The cost of an Intensive course is:
- 10 hours...... £240.00 + Test fee
- 15 hours...... £360.00 + Test fee
- 20 hours...... £480.00 + Test fee
- 30 hours...... £720.00 + Test fee
- 40 hours...... £960.00 + Test fee
- Why not book an intensive assessment lesson 1 Hour for £20 or 2 for £40
- Lesson Prices are based on £24 per hour intensive with no extra charge for weekends
- A deposit of £100 is required at the time of booking, balance payable one week before commencement of your course.
- An additional £62.00 is required for your driving test fee(or £75 for a weekend test). (price at August 2018)
- You can book this yourself use Instructor reference code 156957
- lessons are intensive (1-4 weeks) already subject to discounted prices
- If we book a test for you and you decide not to go ahead your test fee will be refunded (3 working Days notice required by DVSA)
- If you do cancel after booking a test a £10.00 admin fee will be charged.
- Use of car on test (where test is taken) is included as the final two hours of your course or can be added on to the end.
- Please note that we cannot be held responsible for any test cancellations made by the Driving Standards Agency (DSA).
- I must be satisfied that you have reached the standard required by the Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) before allowing you to take your test with PLM School of Motoring.